Skin Creamery - Junior Social Media Manager
In a world flooded with information and choice, Skin Creamery exists to simplify skin care, stripping bare your daily routine to the essentials that naturally nourish and nurture the skin. The Skin Creamery ethos is to be kind to the earth, and kind to your skin. The Skin Creamery vision is to instill a daily ritual of simple self-care, which translates into a loving appreciation for who you are, just as you are.
The marketing team is looking for a junior social media manager to join the Skin Creamery family! Through the lens of our brand and our ethos, marketing seeks to define key messages and creates marketing campaigns that are both integrated across all our channels and connect with our customers in a way that feels authentic and true to who we are. We are looking for someone to grow our vision and create content that speaks to the hearts and minds of all our customers.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the marketing manager assist in setting the overall strategy for Skin Creamery’s social media
- Have a deep and evolving understanding of our market, our products and our customers
- Assist the marketing manager in developing monthly, quarterly and yearly social media strategies for the brand, ensuring that these strategies are aligned with the broader business objectives while staying true to the Skin Creamery voice
- Work external stakeholders, content creators and the marketing manager to create content based on these aforementioned strategies
- Assist in creating and running an activity and content calendar that crosses all the key social media channels like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, as well as posting of that content to the various channels
- Use best practices for all social media to assist in the expansion on the platform and the brand, increasing both followers and engagement
- Assist the marketing manager in establishing guidelines and unique and innovative approaches to each platform and maintain a balance between original and user-generated content in order to optimize for engagement
- Review all social media performance using various analytics tools, and provide regular reporting that includes iterations based on this data that can increase performance in subsequent months
- Work with marketing team to drive ideation and innovation of the social content
- Assist customer service team with any customer queries that are brand related
- Assist marketing manager to liaise with the paid agency to assist with any content ideas that can translate to paid activities
- Keep up to date on all social media trends to ensure that all content is relevant
- Work independently and manage multiple projects
- Use budget in an efficient and effective way to amplify reach and engagement while we increasing platform following
What are we looking for?
- A relevant diploma or degree
- You have at least 1 year experience in digital marketing or social media management
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the social media landscape, including content creation, ideation, optimisation, building communities, reporting, planning and execution of social media campaigns
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Experience in translating branding and brand positioning into key social media campaigns that cross platforms and meet key objectives
- Expert and evolving level of understanding of all social media platforms
- Google suite proficient
- Shopify proficient
- Basic understanding of Google analytics
- Experience in the world of natural skincare would be a big bonus
How to apply?
If you think you love the world of natural skincare, are passionate about looking after the people and the planet and feel like you have the right skills for the job, then please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I am your next junior social media manager”